SAASPASS provides the ‘authentication’ component of access control. Authentication is an important step in the access control process and many cyber attackers attempt to defraud at this stage to gain access to accounts.
Historically, access control vendors have distributed expensive supplemental hardware for authentication. More conveniently for users these days, SAASPASS secures authentication with two-factor authentication in the form of a mobile application.
The mobile application can be employed in four ways:
- Proximity utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to authenticate when your phone is in range of your computer without inputting text and remembering passwords
- Scan Barcode uses the smartphone's camera to scan a barcode and allows for two-factor authentication without inputting text and remembering passwords
- One-Time Passwords can be generated by the SAASPASS app to make two-factor authentication possible from even basic, feature phones
- Remote Login allows users to open an application remotely from a button in the mobile app
- On Device Login allows users to open a secured application in the browser of a mobile device or a tablet
- Mobile App authentication allows for two-factor authentication (2FA) without the need of manually inputting text and one-time passcodes and remembering passwords. It is extreme convenience coupled with security.
SAASPASS secures access control authorization with two-factor authentication that leverages something users always have with them: a mobile device.